Mai 2020 / Wissenschaftler-Dauerstelle
In der Arbeitsgruppe von Prof. Dr. Karin Römisch (Lehrstuhl für Mikrobiologie, Universität des Saarlandes, Saarbrücken) ist eine Dauerstelle für eine/einen promovierte/promovierten Wissenschaftler/in zu vergeben, die/der die Lehre der Mikrobiologie, insbesondere in Grundpraktika, im Studiengang Human- und Molekularbiologie und in Lehrexporten kompetent und enthusiastisch vertreten kann. Ausserdem soll der Kandidat/die Kandidatin zur Erhaltung der Infrastruktur des Lehrstuhls und zur Administration beitragen.
January 27, 2020 / PhD position (Medical Biochemistry & Molecular Biology): Biogenesis and Function of Lipid Droplets
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to join our young and growing team as a PhD student.
The position is immediately available at the
Department of Medical Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Center for Molecular Signaling (PZMS)
at Saarland University
in the research group of
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Bianca Schrul.
Our research group is interested in the biogenesis and function of lipid droplets. These subcellular organelles dynamically balance the influx, storage and consumption of neutral lipids in nearly all cells of our body and are therefore central hubs in lipid metabolism. Lipid droplets are implicated in a range of human pathologies including hallmark diseases of our modern society such as obesity, diabetes, hepatic steatosis and cardiovascular disorders. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying lipid droplet biogenesis and function as well as pathologic aberrations in these processes remain largely unknown. Projects in our lab address the following questions:
• What are the molecular mechanisms underlying protein targeting and insertion into the limiting membrane of lipid droplets?
• How is lipid droplet biogenesis from the endoplasmic reticulum membrane regulated?
• How do lipid droplets communicate with other lipid metabolizing organelles to adapt to metabolic changes?
We employ a range of biochemical and cell biological techniques including in vitro reconstitution experiments, protein-interaction studies, organelle / protein isolations, CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing, RNA interference as well as advanced fluorescence and electron microscopy.
Further information and publications can be found on our website:
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with the following qualifications:
– excellent Diploma / M.Sc. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline
– strong interest in basic Biochemical and Cell Biological research
– excellent communication skills
– fluent English (oral and written) is essential
– German language skills are desired
– Our young research team is integrated in an interdisciplinary and diverse research environment offering state-of-the-art technology and excellent scientific exchange.
– Further training opportunities are provided by Saarland University´s Graduate Centre GradUS.
– The position is immediately available for the duration of 3 years with the possibility of extension.
Please send your application including a short cover letter stating your research interests, a CV, degree certificates and contacts for two references via e-mail to Jun.-Prof. Dr. Bianca Schrul: firstname.lastname@example.org
December 12, 2018
Several PhD positions available with immediate effect (Pharmacology, Homburg)
- The Cavbeta3 protein as a pharmacological target to accelerate wound healing, to increase bone mineralization and to tighten the blood-brain barrier.
- The function and pharmacological properties of the ‘calcium channel flower domain-containing protein 1’ (Cacfd1) in brain capillary endothelial cells.
- The function and pharmacological properties of the ‘transient receptor potential canonical 1’ (TRPC1) channel in the liver.
November 20, 2018
The group of Jun.-Prof. Daniela Yildiz in Homburg (Molecular Pharmacology) currently offers two positions for PhD students (in house/third-party funding). For further information, please visit http://www.pzms.uni-saarland.de/index.php/jun-prof-yildiz